Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Wishes Come True

Wasn't I just saying I needed an organized countdown training plan to meet the Devil? Little did I know that putting the wish into the cybersphere would somehow magically make it happen. My triathlete friend came to dinner Sunday night and brought with her a bag of spinach and a six-week personalized plan---what a fine dinner guest! I'm definitely going to need the spinach to fuel my way through The Plan. The plan is challenging. It involves fewer bike hours than I've been putting in across a typical week, but greater distances in the swim and the run. It began Monday with a "rest day." Yesterday, there was running three miles on the treadmill and spending 1000 meters in the pool. The run went well. The swim gave evidence of basically three areas in which I need to improve: kicking, arm strokes, and breathing. Oh, yeah, and putting on the cap. Other than that, it was good, and I loved swimming with the previously mentioned fins. If swimming can feel that good, I'm definitely gonna learn to swim. I hope I can do that in six weeks! In the meanwhile, I should contemplate what else I should post as a wish in cyberia, since this one has become material so quickly. Hmmm...let's start with a week's biking vacation somewhere breathtakingly luscious this fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home